Two Dozen Cookies

3:19 PM

Today is Monday. So, that means today is the day I started my diet. Today is the day I promised to work out 5 days a week. Today is the day I committed to showering daily, brushing my hair, and wearing makeup because today is Monday and every Monday I make these same promises to myself. Usually by Wednesday I'm digging into ice cream, skipping showers, and wearing my dirty hair in a top knot. Usually by Wednesday I promise myself that on Monday I'll start again.

But today is Monday. So...how the hell did I just eat two dozen chocolate chips cookies?

Last night I baked cookies. You know how Sunday night is...eat every unhealthy thing you've been meaning to shove in your mouth all week so that you can "start fresh" on Monday morning. Am I right? Well I was way too tired and by the time the cookies were done I was a blink or two away from sleeping.

Fast forward to today.

It's. Been. Rough!

A teething toddler is a force to be reckoned with. A messy house from a weekend of laziness is a task no mother of a teething toddler is quite prepared for. And this heat...this god awful heat.

So, after the egg white omelette, unsweetened coffee, dry salad, long run, and clean kitchen this girl deserved a treat after finally getting the strong willed monster down for a nap.

I'll just have one cookie. It wont ruin the week. One cookie and a little Netflix is well deserved after the day I have had.

Twenty minutes later...

The cookies are gone. Every last crumb. 24 cookies gone and I haven't even gotten through one episode of Parks and Rec.

Sooooo...

I guess there's always next Monday?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images