Extended Breastfeeding

10:40 AM

I never thought I would be writing this post, because I never thought I would be one to breastfeed my baby past one. To be honest, I didn't think I would make it past one month, let alone one year. But here we are, 15 months in without an immediate plan to stop in place.

As my little Junie gets older however, she is becoming more independent. Nursing is naturally becoming less frequent. As she becomes more active, and eats larger meals she is sleeping in her crib later into the wee hours of the morning and those middle of the night co-sleep cuddles and comfort feedings are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Wait...what is happening? Does this mean Im getting my body back? Im getting my bed back?

And Im like...

Ok ok, I will admit I am going to miss the midnight snuggles. And I love that my body alone can give her the peace she needs in this wild world she is creating for herself. And all jokes aside I feel incredibly lucky that we were able to conquer all of the nursing obstacles. I feel blessed beyond words that we have been able to create this bond through nourishment. But the hands down my shirt in public...uh yea, see ya! The tune in tokyo nipple twists...mm hmm, so long. The toddler on the other side of a crowded room yelling "Booooooooooob"...uhhhh ok, yep, buh bye!!





You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I'm just now starting the adventure of breast feeding (6weeks in now) and I love it more than I thought possible. I can't wait to see how our journey will change and evolve and I hope that I can still be feeding my little boy at 15 months old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassie! Congratulations on sticking with it. It isnt easy in the beginning, but it sounds like you have what it takes! Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cassie! Congratulations on sticking with it. It isnt easy in the beginning, but it sounds like you have what it takes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to read this right now. I'm two weeks into parenthood and breastfeeding. The only problem I have so far is that baby girl wants to be latched on 24/7... and it has been so stressful/exhausting for me. Good to read that it gets better. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet Jessica. I bet as I am writing this you are already in a better place then you were only 2 weeks in. It is so hard, yet so rewarding. I hope you and your little one are doing well. Happy HOlidays!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images