Closet Capsules

10:10 PM

Hooray! I just finished (almost) my Winter capsule closet! Have you guys heard of this? No? Oh emmmm geeee you have been missing out!

If you want to read more about the process click here. (because this is where I found my original inspiration, and she's much cooler and better at explaining things than me!) Let me know when you're done reading...

...


Are you back? I know, I know her blog is way cuter than ours. Give us a break, we have kids and we're real tired and also I have no creative juices flowing through any part of me at any given time. Only real juice, and that's flowing down the front of my shirt cuz my kid just threw his cup at me.

WOAH....TANGENT....

Sorry bout that. Ok, Im back...

Closet capsuling has completely changed my life. I used to be one of those people who had a closet full of nothing to wear. I would buy totally random things because they were on sale, or sorta cute, or "im sure I'll wear it", or you know...it was from Target. I never ended up loving anything, yet was somehow spending a shitload of money on clothes. Now, I go shopping 2 or 3 times a year. I buy clothes that I really need. Everything absolutely must fit me like it was made for me. In turn, everything I own makes me feel good no matter what it is paired with. These pieces make up my capsule from season to season.

Disclaimer:
If you are someone who sees me regularly you are probably thinking "WTF is she talking about? Her "capsule" must consist of yoga pants and sweatshirts.." Well...IT DOESN'T! Active wear is not part of my capsule, it has it's own separate drawer, and yes, I frequently live out of it. Buuuuuut, if I'm going anywhere other than the coffee cart and the park...HA! Who am I kidding?...anyway, if I do, I wear normal clothes...that fit me...that I love...that were picked right from my capsule. So, there!

Now, back to my winter capsule. Living in Southern California makes it a little difficult to decipher from season to season so it makes the 30-35 piece selection a little more challenging. I cant just store away all my shorts and tank tops. We will have plenty of warm days mid January. Yet, I cant leave out really warm coats because we will also have some freezing days too!

So, want to check out my capsule? Here it is:



This is how I broke down my winter pieces. 14 Tops, 7 Bottoms, 6 Shoes, 3 Jackets, 1 Dress, 31 Pieces Total. These counts totally change for me from season to season and could be completely different for you. You might love shoes and want more in your capsule and so forth. I always try to stay close to these numbers however, and keep my total number of pieces between 30-35.

Ok, are you ready to start your Capsule Closet? I hope so, because Joanna refuses to try it with me and she always makes fun of me when I say "I need to go shopping for my capsule" because she thinks I sound like the hugest DORK, which she is totally right about, but either way I could really use some backup here!!!

Leave us a comment if you are diving in and I promise to cheer you on! Also, if you have questions you can comment them here or email us at smithandjunie@gmail.com.

And please follow along our crazy mombie lives on Instagram!








You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love this! I've been trying to do something similar to this but this seems more organized. I definitely need to get on this. Must start shopping for my, (spring?) capsule now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just signed up. Having a bit of a hard time creating a spring/summer capsule as a (nursing) stay at home mom in Vermont with a toddler and a 4 month old. It basically consists of yoga pants and rompers (read: Madewell overalls) Help! chelseagvanderlip@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the capsule idea! Anyway you could make a Likeittoknowit so we can see the sources?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know where everything came from! Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images